Invisalign is a state-of-the-art alternative to braces that is virtually undetectable to other people. Invisalign straightens your teeth, not with brackets or wires, but with a series of clear, customized, removable appliances called aligners.
Contact Core Smiles today ....Invisalign consultations are FREE!
Invisalign uses the latest 3-D computer technology to create your customized aligners. After you and your Core Smiles doctor determine what you'd like to correct, a precise treatment plan will be developed. Invisalign uses advanced computer technology to translate those instructions into a sequence of finely calibrated aligners - as few as 12 or as many as 48.
You'll wear each aligner for about two weeks and only take it out for eating, brushing, and flossing. As you replace each aligner with the next, your teeth will move - gradually - week by week, until they move into the final alignment prescribed by your Core Smiles doctor. Then, you'll be smiling like you've never smiled before!
Alyssa, Before Invisalign After 10 Months of Invisalign
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign can help you get the great smile you've always wanted because it's...
- Invisible, so no one can tell you're straightening your teeth. So now you can smile more during treatment as well as after.
- Removable, so you can eat and drink what you want while in treatment, plus brushing and flossing are no problem.
- Comfortable, because it has no metal to cause mouth abrasions during treatment. No metal and wires usually means you spend less time in your doctor's office getting adjustments.
Invisalign also allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when your treatment is complete. Invisalign is the invisible way to straighten your teeth without braces, aided by computer imagery, Invisalign uses a series of clear removable aligners to straighten your teeth without metal wires or brackets. Invisalign has been proven effective in clinical research.
How Does Invisalign Work?
You wear each set of aligners for about 2 weeks, removing them only to eat, drink, brush, and floss. Each set of aligners move the teeth about 0.25 millimeters per aligner. As you replace each aligner with the next in the series, your teeth will move - little by little, week by week - until they have straightened to the final position. You'll visit our office about once every 6 weeks to ensure that your treatment is progressing as planned. Total treatment time averages 9-15 months and the average number of aligners worn during treatment is between 18 and 30, but both will vary from case to case.
How Are Aligners Made?
The aligners are made through a combination of our expertise and 3-D computer imaging technology. Invisalign allows you to view your own virtual treatment plan when you start, so you can see how your straight teeth will look when you treatment is complete.
Invisalign has distinct advantages to give you the great smile you have always wanted. There are 6 major factors why oral hygiene is improved with Invisalign.
- May reduce the risk of cavities and gum disease when compared to wire braces that trap food and plaque.
- Dental visits necessary only 1x every 6 weeks.
- Usually faster than conventional braces.
- No metal braces.
- In most cases the aligners are doing multiple tooth movements simultaneously. Commonly, in conventional bracketing, some movements get ignored until another movement is completed by the current mechanics.
- Work usually completed in 15 months; conventional braces takes on the average of 2 years.
Why Do I Need to Straighten my Teeth?
One of the main benefits of straightening teeth as an adult is to help reduce dental decay (cavities) and gum disease due to crowding. Other benefits of straightening teeth include:
- Relieving headaches and earaches.
- To improve speaking, biting or chewing problems.
- To help prevent or improve TMJ troubles.
How Will I Feel with Invisalign?
You probably will experience some discomfort or difficulty speaking or eating at first. To reduce your risk of cavities, follow a regimen of brushing, flossing and rinsing, and reduce your consumption of sweets and carbohydrates. Plaque and sugar combine to make acid, which can cause decalcification (white spots) on teeth and tooth decay if left behind.
Which Foods Should I Avoid?
Since Invisalign aligners are completely removable, there are no dietary restrictions. Remember to always take your aligners out to eat!
The convenience and ease of use of the Invisalign system have made it the choice of over half a million people. In fact, Invisalign has been effective in giving hundreds of thousands of people amazing new smiles.